I can't believe it! The kittens are a month old! Sadly, that means there is only one more month before they go to their new homes! I will miss them, but Paisley will probably have a 2nd litter before we know it.
They are growing so fast, and have changed so much!
Here is what you can expect in weeks 3 and 4:
- Their ears will no longer be folded, but will point up
- Their eyes will start to turn blue
- Their sense of smell will start to develop
- Towards their 4 week birthday, you will want to think about getting a litter box for them, or you may notice little accidents here and there, as mama cat won't have complete control over it anymore, especially if she has a large litter
- They will start to purr a lot more (so precious, let me tell ya)
- Their teeth will start to come in
|Taking their first walk outside...|
- They will learn to stand up, walk, and RUN in the 4th week!
- They will start to play with one another, which is pretty funny!
- They will begin grooming themselves
- Mama cat will start leaving them for longer periods of time, but she should still quickly respond to them when they cry
- You should be able to tell their gender by now, but it really can be tricky. I was able to tell by myself, but if you can't, you could go to your local vet. The vet in our area will tell us for free!
WATCH OUT! Your mama cat is now able to get pregnant again. If you don't want another litter of kittens, make sure she stays inside all the time until the kittens are weaned (at 8 weeks old), and then take her straight to the vet to get spayed! We will be letting Paisley have more kittens, so expect to see a post about that later this year.
These 3 little girls are just adorable! Their personalities are starting to come out, which is hilarious.
Can't wait for more of these little cuties in the future...